Victoria’s Janet Fisher has been named National Manager of the Year – 2016 at the National Retirement Living Summit.
Janet has been manager at Lendlease’s Meadowvale village in Melbourne since 2007. She has worked together with its 225 residents to ensure it remains a vibrant and active community, with upgrades to communal buildings and villas that are now 30 years old.
Janet has implemented sustainable, solar powered street lighting throughout the village to reduce residents’ utility bills, and established strong community connections with the Bunarong Men’s Shed located at the village, which is a national initiative promoting men’s health. She oversaw a change to the village’s pet policy, making it ‘pet friendly’ and consulted residents to allay any concerns they may have had.
She now mentors other village managers in the Lendlease portfolio on how to enhance resident lifestyles by fostering strong community connections and creating a caring culture, with high occupancy rates and resident satisfaction levels.
Janet was praised by residents in her nomination for her capacity to deal with everyday maintenance issues and ensuring every resident, including those not comfortable with expressing their view in a public forum, can raise any concerns with confidence.
The other state winners were:
- Victoria/Tasmania and National Winner: Janet Fisher, Meadowvale (Lendlease)
- New South Wales/ACT: Mike Lans, The Arbour Berry
- Queensland: Kevin and Mika Humphreys, Eureka Care Rockhampton (Eureka Group)
- South Australia/Northern Territory: Vicki Neilson, Elliot Gardens (Lendlease)
- Western Australia: Andrea Fitzpatrick, Murdoch Village (St Ives)