Leisure and Lifestyle Coordinator
We currently have an exciting employment opportunity for a passionate and experienced Community Engagement Coordinator to join our high performing team at Benetas Broughton Hall residential aged care facility, located in Camberwell.
This position is permanent full time for 76 hours per fortnight (09.00 – 17.00, Monday to Friday).
In this role you will:
- Co-ordinate the provision of recreational and social programs that enhance the well being of our residents
- Support the Community Engagement Assistant in the orientation of new team members
- Assist each resident individually in accordance with the lifestyle plan document and ensure information is recorded accurately
- Ensure all programs meet both residents’ needs and accreditation standards
- Demonstrate an understanding of the cognitive, social and spiritual needs of our residents and their families
- Engage our residents and encourage them to be part of their local community
- Assist with meaningful and enriching activities that provide choice to each person.
To be successful in this position, you will demonstrate:
- Formal qualifications in Community Development, Recreation or Disability Studies (i.e. Certificate IV in Lifestyle and Leisure)
- Experience in coordinating and providing recreational and social programs in aged care facilities or a similar setting (highly regarded)
- Proficiency to work autonomously and provide leadership within a team environment
- Empathy and an ability to build strong connections with residents and their loved ones
- Honesty, helpfulness and dependability – making you a great asset for the team
- Have a current Driver’s Licence
- A safe and supportive work environment where people are valued and encouraged to share their ideas
- A strong learning culture where you are in the driver’s seat of your ongoing professional development
- Rewarding work that supports our clients to have a positive experience of ageing
- Competitive Salary (with salary packaging and meal & entertainment benefits)
- Working in a trusted and values based organisation focused on quality and growth
Benetas is dedicated to supporting older Victorians, their friends and carers, through a range of aged care and in-home services. We care about our people’s health and wellbeing and invest significantly in their development. We respect and value differences and encourage people of all ages and backgrounds to apply. Benetas is a recognised leader in Gender Equality, having been awarded an Employer of Choice citation for 15 years in a row.
How to apply
To view the position description and apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking Apply Now.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which include national police check. All employees working across our residential sites are required to be immunised with the Influenza Vaccination
To apply for this job please visit benetas.mercury.com.au.