– Leading not-for-profit, values based organisation
– High performance culture focused on providing a positive and fulfilling ageing experience
– Part Time opportunity available in Frankston, 2 days per week (Tuesdays and one other day)
Benetas is a not for profit organisation dedicated to supporting older Victorians, their friends and carers, through a range of aged care and in-home services. The Pastoral Care service is an integral part of meeting the holistic needs of our residents and clients. Highly valued by clients and their families, the Benetas Pastoral Care service is also respected for its quality and innovation within the health and aged care industry.
We have an opportunity for an experienced and dedicated Pastoral Care Practitioner to join our team working at our Frankston site. The Benetas Pastoral Care service is a significant part of our organisations social dividend. Pastoral Care plays an important role for residents and demonstrates our commitment to value the whole person and all aspects of their life.
We are seeking an individual with a passion for person-centred care, who is comfortable with working in a non-denominational and multi-faith capacity. You will work at our Traralgon residential home. The successful candidate will have a background in Pastoral Care service delivery and a demonstrated empathy with the elderly. As a natural people person with a good ear, you will use your high level of emotional intelligence to support residents and their families with a range of issues, including spirituality and meaning, grief and loss, adjusting to change, palliative care and end stage of life.
You will have:
– Relevant qualifications in Pastoral Care, Health, Theology, or Social Science or related field and include at least one unit of clinical pastoral education
– Experience in pastoral care
– An open, inclusive, non-denominational philosophy
– Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
– Attention to detail to ensure quality documentation
– An outstanding customer-focused orientation
– An exemplary work ethic and great initiative
– A current Victorian Driver’s Licence and vehicle
– Experience in an Aged Care, or end of life setting (desirable)
– A work environment where people are valued and encouraged to share their ideas
– A strong learning culture where you are in the driver’s seat – of your ongoing professional development
– Working in a trusted and values based organisation focused on quality and growth
– Competitive salary (with salary packaging and meal & entertainment benefits)
How to apply:
To view the position description and apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking Apply Now. Please note that we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia, have a valid Victorian driver’s licence, a satisfactory Police Check, Working with Children’s Check, and had a recent Influenza and Covid-19 Vaccination.
Enquiries: Damir Posenjak
Ph: 0429 005 457
To apply for this job please visit benetas.mercury.com.au.