Website Suncare Community Services Ltd
Making People's Lives Better
Suncare is seeking a permanent full-time Clinical Care Coordinator to work Monday to Friday on the Sunshine Coast.
Suncare is committed to “Making People’s Lives Better”. We do this through providing innovative personal solutions that support people to live their life, their way. As a values-based organisation we want our staff to reflect the values that we live by:
Innovative | Inclusive | Agile | Respectful | Authentic | Collaborative | Empathetic
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and the experience they enjoy is critical to the success of our organisation. Every day, Suncare employees are making a difference to real people and making people’s lives better.
About the Role
This Full-Time role oversees the clinical care, support and guidance to customers who require short-term restorative care (STRC). The role leads, promotes and ensures the delivery of high quality, individualised and person-centred care and support. Responsibilities include:
- Assessment, planning, delivering and monitoring all care including clinical and allied health interventions to ensure the individual needs of customers are met.
- Participate and contribute to achieving target outputs for the STRC program by providing customers with early intervention care that aims to optimise the function and independence of older people and reverse and/or slow functional decline
- Convene and facilitate the multidisciplinary team of specialist care providers throughout the period of support for each STRC customer
- Co-ordinate and schedule care providers according to a customer’s STRC Goals and Support Plan
- Provide clinical supervision to employees of Suncare who provide STRC services
- Maintain a designated case-load of STRC customers
You will be required to regularly meet with customers in their own home to assess their needs. This is a mobile role and administrative tasks can be done either at home or at a Suncare office or co-working space, which gives flexibility and autonomy.
You need to be enthusiastic, have a great attitude, be friendly, willing to learn new things, and most importantly listen and understand what the customer wants.
The role requires maintaining accurate and up-to-date customer records with supporting documentation of care plans, Modified Barthel Index, progress notes, customer reviews, outcome measures, incidents and consent.
- Allied Health/Registered Nurse qualification
- Knowledge in Community Services, Aged Care, Home Care Packages and/or Primary Health Care and knowledge of local and broader community services and resources
- An understanding of and experience in individualised support planning, referral and care co-ordination following a Consumer Directed Care and Wellness approach
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Current open Queensland Driver’s Licence
- Own vehicle, registered and appropriately insured
- Willingness to attain Criminal History Screenings as required
- Demonstrated ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally-diverse families and indigenous communities with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate
- Strong written and oral communication skills, computer literacy (Microsoft Office and database management)
- Ability to work independently with focus, task-oriented, nonjudgmental, personal qualities, a clear sense of boundaries and confidentiality
- Experience working with customers deemed to have complex needs an advantage
What can we offer?
- Comprehensive induction and training program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport
- Uniform allowance
- Annual flu vaccinations
Applications Close: Wednesday, 21 October 2020
To apply, please click on the application URL.
Please ensure you attach your CV with a covering letter addressed to Ailee Kendall – HR Officer. Your cover letter must address why you believe that you would be successful in this position.
As part of the recruitment process you may be requested to complete a video interview and predictive index assessment and could be requested to undertake background checks such as criminal history, demerit point/driving history and reference checks.
Applicants may be requested to disclose any pre-existing illness or injury which may impact on their ability to perform the advertised role. Details are available in section 571 of the Workers Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003
To apply for this job please visit candidate.aurion.cloud.