The Department of Heath has released three new e-learning modules developed specifically for people working in aged care. These modules are:
- Module 2: Families and Visitors
- Part A: Residential Care Facilities
- Part B: In Home Care
- Module 3: COVID-19 and Aged Care
- Module 4: Outbreak Management Procedures
On completion of these modules, participants will be able to:
- Identify when families or visitors should be visiting a client
- Implement precautions for all visitors entering the facility or the client’s home
- Demonstrate basic environmental cleaning procedures when caring for a person with COVID-19
- Demonstrate the appropriate infection prevention control measures for a COVID-19 outbreak.
These modules can be accessed here. More modules will be released over the coming days.
If you would like to access the Aged Care training, users will need to register their workplaces as ‘Aged Care’.
If you have already registered for online training but not with ‘Aged Care’ as your workplace, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a priority response.