Opal Healthcare has signed on with WorkForce Software Australia to provide a self-service portal for roster management, shift swaps, leave requests and work availability updates to its 9,500 employees.
To digitise time-intensive manual processes and improve its employees’ experience, Opal HealthCare selected WorkForce Software Australia to adopt a robust integrated payroll and workforce management solution called Workforce Suite for Healthcare.
The Workforce Suite integrated seamlessly with Opal Healthcare’s existing payroll provider, Ascender Preceda, to streamline payroll and workforce management processes, and automate compliance for navigation of local tax laws and salary models, as well as offering employees the convenience and efficiency of smart-phone accessible work-related services for the first time.
National Payroll Manager at Opal HealthCare, Kevin Britten said, “Team members can now view their roster and current timesheet on their phone in real-time before it’s exported on payday. Any discrepancies can be addressed ahead of payday and get amended before payroll runs, meaning no incorrect pay, no frustrated team members, and no additional work.”
The challenges Opal HealthCare faced before it decided to digitise its payroll and workforce management using WFS Workforce Suite for Healthcare included:
- Manual processes and cumbersome interfaces that hindered the employee experience
- Inaccurate time reporting and data flow
- Difficulty managing its large and dynamic workforce across multiple roles and departments
- Difficulty complying with 50+ modern nursing awards across NSW, VIC, QLD and WA.
- Complex compliance requirements with federal and state government legislation, and
- Risk of business disruption during times of crisis without easy remote access to data, or ability to alert distinct workforce groups to emergency changes or updates.
WorkForce Software Australia is also used by IRT.