Inside Ageing and the Future of Ageing awards is committed to providing relevant and accurate information to those businesses and organisations helping ageing Australians, as well as society at large.
In pursuit of this motto we promise to:
- Provide honest and accurate reporting in a balanced way.
- Disclose any conflict of interest or bias that may exist.
- Disclose any commercial interest, including Sponsored Content where an advertiser has paid to display messaging. This includes making reference to any grant; contribution or reward a journalist or contributor has or continues to receive related to the topic being reported.
- Attribute the original source and if it is another publication link to that source.
- Inside Ageing and its affiliates often attends events and we usually pay our own costs; If on occasion attending/covering an event includes travel expenses being paid for by the host then this will be disclosed in the accompanying article/s.
- Inside Ageing encourages debate and has a comment thread attached to each article. Such comments are moderated by the editor and will not be published unless they meet our Promise to Readers and are deemed to add value to the discussion. Comments that take aim at people personally will not be published.
- With Google search it is important to display pictures and images accurately given these are searchable. Therefore, no images will be distorted or manipulated from their original depiction.
- As a publisher Inside Ageing is bound by Australian media law. This includes liability for defamation. As a result, we are unable to publish unverified claims which are not backed by facts.
- Inside Ageing is staffed by humans and we do make mistakes. When we do our policy is to remove or correct anything brought to our attention as quickly as possible. Updates to stories are also duly noted with time of update and acknowledgement of correction.
If you notice something that isn’t quite right, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When our promise to readers is breached: When a journalist or contributor contravenes these rules action is taken in the form of training and depending on the severity of the breach could result in a formal warning/performance management and potential dismissal. Contributors that do not disclose commercial interests or conflicts will be removed from our roster.