The Independent Health and Aged Care Pricing Authority (IHACPA) has released its Consultation Paper on the Pricing Framework for Australian Residential Aged Care Services 2024-25 (the Consultation Paper).
The Consultation Paper seeks input from stakeholders on the policy approach, methodology and high-level principles that will support the development of independent costing and pricing advice as part of the Pricing Framework for Australian Residential Aged Care Services 2024-25 (the Pricing Framework).
The consultation is the primary opportunity for all stakeholders to contribute to the development of the Pricing Framework for 2024–25. This includes key matters relating to:
- residential aged care pricing principles
- the Australian National Aged Care Classification (AN-ACC) funding and classification model, including AN-ACC national weighted activity unit (NWAU) values and Base Care Tariff NWAU.
- indexation methodologies
- adjustments to the recommended price
- future pricing adjustments for safety and quality
- priorities for current and future developments and areas of work.
The Consultation Paper seeks feedback on a range of key issues including priorities for current and future development. In addition, IHACPA seeks to establish whether there are additional legitimate or unavoidable costs associated with the various types and stages of residential aged care delivery.
Feedback gathered in this public consultation will inform the policy decisions in the Pricing Framework, which will outline IHACPA’s approach to developing residential aged care and residential respite services pricing advice for the Australian Government.