Updated advice clarifing which employees in residential aged care will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 has been published on the Commonwealth Department of Health website overnight.
The mandate, which comes into effect from 17 September 2021, will apply to all people working at a residential aged care facility, including volunteers, who are responsible for:
- resident care
- support and services for residents
- maintenance and administration.
- nursing and personal care staff
- allied health professionals
- kitchen, cleaning, laundry, garden and office staff.
There has been no further information about home care workers, despite calls from some aged care providers to apply the mandate consistently across aged care services.